August 03, 2009
Pull in the driveway after a day of shopping and this old guy pulls in behind us running out of his car. "Did you know your poles on fire?"
"My what?"
"Your telephone pole. It looks like it's on fire."
"Really?"
-goes to the pole and sees nothing- OMG what a cook...Is he allowed out on his own? Does he need to be supervised...?
-walks into the house laughing all the way-

"I'm hungry, wanna get Chinese? I been craving their chicken!"
"Sure."
"Think I should ask G? Shes been super needy lately..."
"Why not?"
"OK, I'll buzz her on the line..."

"Erm...DH?"
"Yes?"
"I think the cook was right...we have no power...I'll go check the box. It seams to be the whole house."
-see door already open-

"Pap? You down there?"
"Yep, and I ain't touchin' it. There's smoke everywhere and a real strong electrical smell as well."
"I think it went out to the pole and back. There's a cook guy on our lawn calling the fire department."
"He still out there?"
"Donno, but I'll go look."
-goes to look and hears engines- (fire station is literally two blocks from us)
"Yep, but I'm going to go let the fire department know he isn't a complete loony."
-walks out across the lawn-

"We got a call about a pole on fire."
"Yes, a passer by supposedly saw a fire. I did not. However, there's no power inside. The fuse box my dad went to check and it is out. He said It's surrounded by smoke and and electrical burning smell."
"Ok, so you can't get the power back on?"
"No, my dad didn't try because of the smoke and the smell."
-three more guys walk up-

"Where is your meter."
"Follow me, everything is in the basement." This is where we get evicted...
(0) Sticky Notes

0 Sticky Notes:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
The current mood of manz at www.imood.com $1,875,024