December 27, 2009
I have referred to him in the past as UG.
This person was known to me as Uncle George. However, for the beginning of my life he was more of a father to me. He had me for a major part of my life and took care of me when nobody knew what to do with me.
He helped me through a lot and I will never be able to repay him for what he did for me.

The only thing have I been able to do recently for him was take him to his doctor appointments - where they told him his days were numbered.
They said he had 3-6 months...
Chemo would definitely kill him.

He went in for surgery to remove the cancer in his colen on the 17th and then they watched his liver shut down.
It was his liver that was covered in cancer and there was no hope for it.
His breathing got heavier and then his kidney shutdown.
He chose to not do the chemo in the end and went with hospice - who kept him medicated and comfortable.

He only lived for 2 and a half weeks after his diagnosis.

After much grieving from my mother:
On his last day she finally told him, "Let go and get on your boat (he always wanted) and sail away."
He died the next morning - 12 hours later.

***Update
Uncle Charlie is apparently still listed and helped us. UG got his final boat ride with a proper salute. They took him out on one of their runs and scattered him in the ocean.

He was a vet and went out as one - honors and all.
(0) Sticky Notes

0 Sticky Notes:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
The current mood of manz at www.imood.com $1,875,024